CHICKEN PICCATA (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE)
This easy but elevated recipe is an allergen-friendly take on an irresistible classic. It's simple but impressive – my favorite combination for entertaining or a date night in!
- 2 large chicken breast cut horizontally into 2 cutlets each
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- avocado oil for frying your chicken
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice + 4-5 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp capers drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For serving: prepared gluten-free pasta fresh chopped parsley
- Season your chicken on both sides with salt and pepper
- Scatter your flour on a plate or low bowl and dredge each chicken cutlet with flour until evenly coated and shake off any excess
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high and sear your chicken on both sides for about 3-4 minutes until lightly golden, working in batches to not overcrowd the pan
- Transfer the chicken to a clean plate
- Wipe down your skillet (doesn’t need to be spotless, you just want to remove any charred bits) and reduce the heat to medium
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and add your shallot, sautéing for 2-3 minutes until translucent, then add your garlic and cook for another minute, being careful not to burn the garlic (reduce pan heat if necessary)
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, coconut cream, capers, nutritional yeast, and salt, stirring to combine, and bring to a simmer
- Return your seared chicken to the pan along with the lemon slices and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, occasionally basting the chicken in the sauce
- Serve over gluten-free pasta and ENJOY!
Hungry for more?
Get your weekly dose of the latest styles and exclusive deals. Join our insider list.