I’ve been making brussel sprouts every week for over a year so if this recipe isn’t frickin’ good it’s not for lack of practice
Crispy Baked Brussel Sprouts
A no-fry, no-flip, simple sprout recipe that you'll be sure to come back to again and again
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil just enough to lightly coat your sprouts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Toss your halved brussel sprouts with olive oil to lightly coat, salt, and pepper
- Place your sprouts on a baking sheet, cut-side down
- Scattered chopped bacon on top of the sprouts
- Bake for 25 minutes
You may want to check your sprouts around 22 minutes. Some oven cook hotter than others and therefore your sprouts may begin to brown earlier than the 25 minute mark. I try to use just enough oil to coat the sprouts without using too much. I find that they crisp up better with a “less is more” approach to oil. I use my hands to toss the sprouts, oil, and salt and pepper. This ensures they are evenly coated. A lot of recipes call for flipping the sprouts halfway through. I find this step unnecessary so I have omitted it from this recipe. You are welcome to open the hot oven halfway through cooking and blast yourself in the face with that hot sprout air though. Be my guest!
Hungry for more?
Get your weekly dose of the latest styles and exclusive deals. Join our insider list.