I love how simple and healthy this meal is! Only using one seasoning (chili powder) in addition to salt and pepper for both the salmon and the roasted veggies makes this meal easy to throw together in a pinch.
Southwest Salmon and Roasted Veggie Bowls
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 bell pepper cut into 1in pieces
- 1 small red onion cut into 1in pieces
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3 cups mixed green
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 avocado
- Preheat your ovens to 425 and 375. Oil an 8×8 baking dish, season your salmon with S&P and chili powder.
- Chop your sweet potato, bell pepper, and onion. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and season with S&P and chili powder.
- Add to a cook sheet and bake on the center rack of your 425 degree oven for 27 min.
- Chop your broccoli and toss with S&P and olive oil and bake on the top rack of your 425 degree oven for 18 min.
- Bake in your 375 degree oven for 12 minutes then remove from oven and allow to rest at room temperature for 5 min.
- Once your veggies are roasted and your salmon is cooked through to your desired doneness, assemble your bowls with your mixed greens and veggies on bottom and salmon on top. Add your salsa, avocado slices, and whatever toppings you like!
– add your broccoli to one side of the same sheet pan as the sweet potato, bell pepper, onion mixture and bake
– after 20 min, remove the broccoli and continue to bake the other veg for another 10 min
– place your salmon on the top rack of the 400 degree oven and bake for 11 min then allow to sit at room temperature for 5 min
Hungry for more?
Get your weekly dose of the latest styles and exclusive deals. Join our insider list.