SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH DAIRY-FREE TZATZIKI
These meatballs are gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free and though the flavors are amazing on their own they truly come alive when paired with this super simple but delicious dairy-free tzatziki!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 flax egg or 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- A drizzle of olive oil for your pan
- Dairy-free Tzatziki:
- 1.5 cups coconut yogurt I used @cocojuneorganics
- 1/2 an English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl gently mix together all of the above ingredients except for the bone broth and oil until well combined.
- Roll into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Add a drizzle of avocado (or olive) oil to a skillet heat over medium high.
- Add your meatballs in a single layer and cook for 3 minutes, allowing the meatballs to get a nice sear.
- Flip them and sear for another 3 minutes. Flip and sear for another 3 minutes so that three sides of the meatball are seared.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add enough bone broth to just cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, allowing the meatballs to absorb the bone broth. Add more broth as needed if the pan start to dry out.
- While your meatballs cook, make your tzatziki by first grating and straining your cucumber
- Add your yogurt, strained cucumber, garlic, dill, and lemon to a bowl and season with salt and pepper
Hungry for more?
Get your weekly dose of the latest styles and exclusive deals. Join our insider list.